Sunday, June 24, 2012

Is Success Built into Your Daily Routine?


What are you doing every day to be successful in your business? 

Quick, blurt it out _______________________.



Chances are you’re stuck in the daily grind, operating your business while your big dream is fading away. You are not alone! The daily business grind is like a boa constrictor wrapping it’s body around you, squeezing a little tighter with each breath until there is no life left in you. 
As this happens day after day, month after month, and year after year you begin to feel like there is no hope left. The gap between your real business and the one you used to dream about keeps getting bigger.

This gap is frustrating, isn’t it? Will they ever come together?
It’s obvious that some businesses have found a way. What are they doing?


They are mastering their daily routine!



We all have a daily routine but chances are you’re not developing it for success. Don’t beat yourself up, neither did I for many years. It’s a miracle that my businesses survived those early years.

Today’s big question is “Do you have success built into your daily routine?” 
If you don’t, read on and lets get a plan together to make success a part of everyday.

I don’t know about you, but for me, it is super tough to break out of the daily grind to do big projects that I know will change the outcome of my bottom line. I keep saying to myself, “Once I get done with this pressing need, I will have time to work on that thing to boost sales or get a new client” Sound familiar?

For years I thought the solution was in creating big blocks of time to work on the future success of my company. This seemed impossible. I was happy to learn I was totally wrong. The secret to your success is found in your daily routine. John Maxwell says, “The secret to your success is determined by your daily agenda.” He even wrote a whole book about it called Make Today Count. I recommend you take a look at it. I found it helpful.

It helped steer me to create a Daily Hit List. 

What is a Daily Hit List? A Daily Hit list consists of the things you need to do everyday to reach your potential. My daily hit list consists of the top 3-5 things that I need to do everyday to reach the potential I have inside. I know you have a huge potential buried inside that needs a structure to bring it to the surface. Creating a daily hit list is a great place to start. 
Here are the quick steps and an example of my Daily Hit List. 
  1. Realize that your daily routine is in your control.
  2.  Ask yourself  what are the 3-5 things that I need to do everyday to be successful now and in the future?
  3. Write down your answers to step 2.
  4. Start executing the list today.
Here are a few tips. 
1. Your Daily Hit List needs to be things that you can complete everyday. 
2. It needs to have the future in mind.
3. It will take some time and experimentation to finish it.

After you create your Daily Hit list it will quickly become one of the greatest success tools in your box as it did for me.

My daily Hit list looks like this:
  1. Spiritual health
  2. Physical health
  3. Read
  4. Write
  5. Plan

When I do these 5 things everyday, I am planning for my current needs and the future of my business. When I spend time in relationship with my Heavenly Father and work out, my mind and body are ready to reach their best. Then reading fills me with new information that becomes material to help others, which is the core of my business. Finally spending time planning how to strategically use the first four is what builds my business and creates a successful future.

What is your daily hit list? If you are in sales, do you need to call a certain number of people each day or spend 30 minutes connecting on social media? Your business is just that...your business and you get to decide what your hit list will be. Choose one that has success built into it.

P.S. If you need help with this, join our free monthly coaching call. 
Go to my website to join. www.360businessinc.com

Did this help? Subscribe to our mailing list to get this straight to your inbox.

At your service,
              Coach Jeff