Tuesday, February 9, 2010

OCD is good for business

Becoming successful is no easy task. One must be a little eccentric, or so they tell me. OCD, obsessive compulsive disorder, usually has a negative connotation unless you are marketing your business. In the beginning days and years of Masterpiece Ice Sculptures I experimented on myself with OCD marketing techniques. Eight years later I see the results of the experiment a success. What is the measuring stick? Masterpiece Ice has become a successful business and trusted name in the ice sculpture industry.


What is OCD marketing? The only way to describe it is to tell you what I did. I spent the first 3-4 years as an entrepreneur as a human billboard for my company. I can remember months at a time where no other shirt than a MIS one touched my back. I had business cards in my pocket at all times and will probably have cancer in my left thigh from never parting with the cell phone  in my pocket. It was a special day when I would replace the MIS shirt for normal clothes and take my lady out for dinner. Oh and don't forget about your business cards, hand them out like you got them at bulk discount pricing. I hand them out everywhere I go. The bank teller, mechanic shop, coffee house, dry cleaners, and any checkout line, especially at the grocery store!!! I found a special niche. When I am out in public I look for engagement rings because if the wedding band is missing you know a wedding is in the making. I believe every wedding should have an ice sculpture, . . so I tell them that!!! Who doesn't want one . . . . . . . . .?


Suggestions for Obsessively marketing your business -
     Make hats with your company logo and . . . . .wear them
     Make shirts with your company logo and . . . . . . . .wear them
     Make Business cards with your company logo and  . . . . .pass them out.


It works!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list for
more great content!