Monday, June 27, 2011

Rewards Of a Teachable Spirit

Rewards of a Teachable Spirit

     This will be the final post on having a Teachable Spirit. My goal is that these posts have started some kind of emotion in you. Whether it made you mad and threw your computer at the floor or something in you sprung up and has opened a challenge that you want to live up to. I would be excited for both. There is no doubt in my mind that the beginning of change is an emotional outburst of some sort.

     We have talked about a lot over the past few weeks; from what a teachable spirit is, the difference between learning and being teachable, and the characteristics of having a TS. Todays post will unveil how to get one (if you haven’t already figured it out) and the rewards of shifting yourself to this new way of thinking.

Getting a Teachable Spirit may be easy to write about yet it takes much personal conviction to embark on the journey. I wish you well!!

1. Admit that you can grow in this area. If you can’t do this step don’t bother reading any further, it would be pointless. Your pride is still at too high a level to accept change.

2. Assuming you have humbled yourself, which is not easy for any of us, begin to see the value that other people can bring to your life. This I realize is difficult. Its hard to see the value a friend, or coworker can bring to you in the area of, for example, finances, when they are poor in a different area like, sales, where you may be great. I think this is an important point. I find it difficult to see the value in another person because they may be weak where I am strong; until I reverse the statement and put myself in there shoes. That person probably thinks the same thing, they have trouble valuing me because they are strong where I am weak. If we could just get beyond ourselves a little, step back to see the whole picture, then the beauty of complimenting talents would shine, taking every organization, team, and marriage to a whole new level. We have different talents for a reason!

What else will help your journey?

3. Listen well - Turn off your mouth and mind. Tell your mental conversation to “Take 5.” There is no need to formulate a rebuttal when you are supposed to be listening.

4. Learn to Enjoy Criticism for the value it can bring to your life.

5. Express gratitude to those who teach you and be patient with those whom you are teaching.

6. Be generally excited to learn new things, FROM EVERYONE in your life!

Why do all of this........ Well, for the rewards of course!
Whats more rewarding than adding value to yourself? I don’t know much else except for adding value to others.

REWARD #1- Experience high levels of Joy!
A few weeks ago I was on a John Maxwell Team training call learning about mastermind groups. I learned so much, when the call was over I blasted the music creating a rock concert in my house. Then, I put on my running shoes and jogged around the neighborhood, iPod in, singing as loud as I could through the huffs and puffs of my out of shape body. I ran hands in the air, fist pumping to the song and all out looking a fool to everyone who saw me. I was so excited to have learned new, life changing information!!!

REWARD #2 - A Teachable Spirit takes you to new levels
Once you put the teaching above into action, a new level is going to happen.

REWARD #3 - People who have this ability (and it is ability, not giftedness) get promoted, raises, and start business that become successful etc!!!

REWARD #4 - You become more attractive to other people, employers, clients, and potential new business.

REWARD #5 - You become well respected by those around you!

I guarantee you want to feel this way, and you can, start being teachable TODAY!


Believing in YOU is what I DO!

Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list for
more great content!